Wednesday, May 17, 2006

So how would you like...

a sparkle ceiling in the front hall? That was the electrician asking, and me screaming and running away.

Otherwise, the work on the hotel is proceding at a snail's pace, with interesting disasters being found on a fairly regular basis. I'm not going to talk about it, just in case the plaster which appears to be holding everything together gets tired and decides to fall off.

Knitting
Thanks to Ted and Wendy, it seems that feather and fan doesn't bias. I still think it should, but apparently it doesn't, and there's an end to it.

I've been working with a very old lace pattern which I charted out some time ago.
lace instructions = lace

I really like the geometric effect, and am playing with a few ideas in terms of actual garment knitting. Playing is all that's likely to happen at the moment, but it's good for the brain to have something to chew on.

Details
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yarn: King Cole Magnum Chunky in colour 210 (25% wool, 75% acrylic) - 2 x 100g balls.
Needles: 8mm straights (random plastic from the collection)
Other info: 63 stitches (5 pattern repeats) with a slipped selvedge, and pressed at 'cotton' with steam using a linen press cloth to open up the lace
Grumps: As I've discovered before, this yarn bleeds. A lot. And that rather puts paid to using it anywhere it's likely to get wet. So my plan of using this test square as a baby blanket (it's about 65cm square) is on hold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home