Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ouch!

I was in Edinburgh on Monday (in the rain of course) trying to get my haircut fixed. I had suspected, but still wasn't overly happy to have it confirmed, that the local sheep shearers, sorry, hairdressers had made a complete hash of it. £50 later, and with a small improvement in matters, I'm left with the injunction not to look in a mirror for two months, and then go back to see what can be done to salvage things.

To console myself, I popped into John Lewis to have a look at pattern books and yarn. I was sorely tempted by one of the RYC (Rowan Yarn Classics) books, but as the patterns stopped at 40", and I'm the wrong side of 42", I resisted. Realistically, I don't have the time to completely rework a pattern to fit me at the moment.

I also resisted this:
Kidsilk Spray
Yes, that's right, £7.25 for a single ball of slightly ombre yarn.

Now, I'm more than willing to pay for quality materials, and I do have half-a-dozen balls of Kidsilk Haze in a bag along with the Summer in Kansas shawl pattern I bought about five years ago, but....

I didn't see any Kidsilk Night, which is supposed to be truly beautiful - which is probably just as well given the state of my bank balance just now.

I think I'll stick to Capricorn Mohair for now. Their 4-ply brushed mohair may not be Kidsilk, but the colours are wonderful, and it's half the price!
Capricorn Mohair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home