Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rugby

Jean has put the feeling into words far more elegantly than I could ever manage, so I'll leave you to wander over and have a look.

Meantime, I'm up early to do breakfast for a family of five Americans, and waiting for my first cup of coffee.

Knitting
As promised: progress photos of the Olympic Socks. Not because they look anything like the games, but because I'm working them as my entry into the Knitting Olympics.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Before the holiday

Image hosting by Photobucket
After the holiday

As of last night, I have one toe and one 3-needle-bindoff to do. Much to my surprise, I might actually meet the target of casting off before the closing ceremonies tonight. A photo will be forthcoming if I do.

If I don't, I will adopt the old maxim:
"If at first you don't succeed, deny having ever tried...."

Work
I spent several hours yesterday (some during the rugby in fact, when it all got a bit much) working on an updated website for the hotel. It's not done yet, but the back is broken and I hope another few days' steady work will do it.

The ladies' toilet is still not done. My hands were just too sore, and I've four vinyl floor tiles to lay, and the wall fittings to refix.

Soon.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home