Monday, September 25, 2006

Late Opening

Sadly, today the pub will not be opening on time at 12 noon. I have fed 6 hungry guests, started the dishes, cleared & cleaned the breakfast room, cleaned the pub & loos, stripped six beds and remade them completely (including two clean duvets and four clean pillows), started the laundry, ....

And now I'm sitting down before I start cleaning the four bathrooms.

Whoof.

J is away to Arran and Ardrossan on a business trip, so I'm on my own until 6pm tonight.

Edited to add:
I managed to open at 14.45, after a quick bite of lunch, then just sat for a while! I really ought to be a lot fitter than I am with all this climbing stairs and scrubbing bathrooms....

Total takings today £35. Not unusual for a Monday.

Oh, and before anyone jumps to conclusions: J does more than his fair share on the cleaning front on a normal day! The trip is all about providing 'added value' in your food service, and as he's the expert on that, he's away to find out what he can.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! Wish I could buy one for you! And this after you put in such a week last week. YOU get the next business trip - let him clean the loos, etc.! Perhaps you could just hide out with your knitting - wouldn't that be grand?

25/9/06 14:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home