Saturday, April 01, 2006

Saturday night

Which is usually our busiest night of the week. Add to that the first weekend after payday for those who are paid monthly, and the pub is (wonderfully) full.

Lots of folk standing outside smoking, as expected, and a few trying to have a fly puff in the toilets. Not good. We're going to invest in some cigarette smoke detectors at around £70 each as we have to be able to prove that we have done everything possible to comply with the legislation.

Knitting
As promised, here is a sample of that sock yarn which I so loathed last week. Apologies for the quality of the image - I am still without a digital camera, and the scanner struggled with the contrast.

Image hosting by Photobucket

On my monitor the maroon areas are too red, and the yellow areas too gold, to give you a true feel for the yarn. I still think that if they had left out the raw-meat-coloured pink speckled bit, it would have been just about OK....

The colours aside, I don't think I'd be happy to use this yarn for socks. It is very soft on the hands, and quite fine compared to the Opal and Regia sock yarns that I'm familiar with. The yarn also splits very easily, which isn't a good thing when you're working with needles which aren't much thicker than the yarn itselft.

So, I am offering this single ball of "Town and Country" sock yarn, colour Volcano free of charge. I'll even pay the postage! Please send an email to me here with the subject "Town and Country" and your name and snail-mail address in the body. I'll pick a name at random on Thursday of this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home