Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What not to wear....

Current fashion dictates knee-length tweed skirts 'town and country' looks etc.

Not for me!

These pictures, as in Trinny and Suzanna, show just why I won't be wearing tweed skirts.


what not to wear

The dress, sadly, was polyester, and was sent back too. The trouser/blouse is my usual work uniform. Below is the only kind of skirt that looks good on me at the moment. Not in the pub, though. There are more than enough drunks who will cop a feel for me to want trousers on if I'm collecting glasses.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Knitting
Not recent, but the last completed item.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A Baby Surprise sweater (Elizabeth Zimmerman) for my baby cousin in two colours of Sirdar Denim Tweed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you could probably wear a tweed cut as an "A-line"skirt - gently tapering from waiste to fuller at hem. Also would look good in what my sewing teacher used to call a "6-gore", or 6 pannel skirt, again the tapering.

The mid-calf length was a better choice for you.

Glad you're experimenting. A gal needs something besides bar work wear!

4/10/06 21:40  
Blogger Dez Crawford said...

Long ago I had a roommate who was a model. Not a famous model, but a hands-and-face model for makeup and jewelry and such, also some department store ads and such. I'm quite the opposite -- never have been a makeup-and-fingernails gal -- but she passed on a very valuable tip to me that's served me well no matter what the scale says.

NEVER have a knee length skirt. it makes anyone look lumpy. A skirt should fall a couple of inches above the top of the kneecap or a couple of inches below the bottom of the kneecap. And mid-calf is flattering on almost everyone

I ahree with Barbara-Kay, a gored tweed would look smashing on you.

5/10/06 07:07  
Blogger ravelling said...

I can identify with your problem - I have a green tweedy suit I often wear for work in the Autumn/Spring. The other day I caught sight of myself in a window. Looked awfully like a mocquette sofa my grandmother used to have...

7/10/06 21:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home