Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dear god, take cover!

My little desktop barometer has been dropping like the proverbial stone. It's now sitting at around 962 (28.5" in old money) and has dropped 10 points since late last night.

Strangely, the BBCs weather centre doesn't seem to have noticed: "light showers, 10C, 23mph winds" doesn't sound quite right to me.

Renovation
Today is the last big push to get everything completed: furniture is arriving, carpets are being fitted, light fittings are going up (I hope!), locks are going on bedroom doors.

Unfortunately, this means that when the furniture arrives, it won't be able to go where it's meant to, and we're going to be playing musical beds with it until it can.

If I don't post tomorrow, I'm moving furniture!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you are going through. I ordered custom furniture believing that allowed plenty of time for everything to get done, and my genius contractor left the floors until last, while he spent weeks cleaning cabinet hardware with mineral spirits.

You'll have to post pictures when it's finished.

23/11/06 14:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home