Monday, November 14, 2005

Devan: final installment

Thanks to my very good pen-friend Jean in Canada, Devan has been posted off to my cousin. I couldn't find buttons to suit, and Jean very kindly sent me a card full of shirt buttons in various colours....

The buttons were duly attached.
Devan with buttons
and after a quick blocking the little cardigan was boxed up ready to go.
Devan boxed
Hopefully I'll have some photos of little Joshua soon....

You may recall my frustrations with the edging on this pattern: it's a rolled edge at the hem worked separately from a rolled edging around the front and neck. I'm reasonably happy with my variation, where I worked it all in one go, but if I did it again I would probably work an i-cord edging with integral button holes as being generally neater and easier to get right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home