Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ho (bloody) hum

Well, the Hallowe'en party was a complete damp squib. I'd forgotten two very important things:
  • this is a very conservative town
  • most of our regulars are over 40, and hence even more conservative


I had a bit of fun making interesting food for the party:
  • dog-bone shaped breadrolls with shrimp & cream cheese piped on them aka "the dog's dinner"
  • very small round breadrolls with green-coloured cream cheese inside aka "snake eggs: not so fresh"
  • BBQ chicken wings aka "bat wings"
  • baby pickled onions on cocktail sticks aka "eyeballs"
  • bought pizza
  • custard cream biscuits with green food colouring aka "Hallowe'en biscuits


The chicken wings, pizza and pickled onions were eaten. Nothing else was touched....

I had free devil juice (hothothot) and mulled cider. Neither was drunk: too unusual it seems.

Two people aside from me and my barmaid bothered to get dressed up. They got the prizes....

Perhaps a St Andrew's Night party with haggis, neeps & tatties would have gone down better.

Knitting has completely stopped until I can get up enthusiasm for anything at all. I did go out and get a gift box to wrap Devan, and now just have to extract an address for baby Joshua from my family.

Sorry about the boring, self-pitying post. I promise I'll cheer up soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Frustrating, when you try so hard, and it goes over like a lead balloon! Sorry! And the worst is that you know it will be talked about over and over! Try knitting something for YOU! Mary

3/11/05 14:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a neep?

3/11/05 17:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to meet you through the AK knitting list. My husband and I have always dreamed of visiting Scotland. Now I actually "know" someone there! And since my daughter and her husband live in London, the dream is even closer to reality than before. Knit yourself something you've been putting off and tell us about tatties and neeps. Jeanne, Austin, TX

6/11/05 12:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home